Friday, September 25, 2009

Yero-it-it-sikik-sikik
(zero-eight-eight-six-six)

Yesterday, I gave myself the right to be disappointed. Gypsie, a classmate of mine way back second year high school met me somewhere in Pasig so we can talk about her proposal to teach English to a set of Korean kids. I felt somewhat interested so I went and grabbed the opportunity. Anyway, I was thinking this could be a great start to my aching plan of life's major overhaul.

Kevin, the korean who tied up with Gypsie about the entire business seemed to be a kind, smiling guy. It was about five o'clock in the afternoon when I got to talk to him for some sort of interview about myself. Did I make a mess out of it? When I explained things to him I saw puzzled looks left on his face. Maybe because according to my friend, his English fluency isn't that polished yet making him unable to understand me well. ):

Everything ended up with Kevin wanting me to e-mail him my resume (resum as what he pronounced it). There was a tinge of reluctance on his face. The resume thing is still on hold until I get further notice from Gypsie. When I went home, I've got a strong feeling I wouldn't be able to get the job. I was also unsure if I still want it anymore. Disappointment clouded my head although I know I wouldn't be feeling this longer since I find it hard to understand how they pronounce words. At this point, I don't want another stress-inducing job since I intend to fix and heal my wounded emotional aspect. Well, don't get me wrong. I can still manage to handle other kind of pressure and stress but not able to understand Koreans at their first stroke of words is way too stressful on my end since this work requires me communicating with them everyday.

I woke up today feeling a bit of disappointment still but rather thinking that this job is not tailored for me. It's not just meant for me.

No comments: