Wednesday, April 8, 2009

July

<= Meet July. Ahhehehe...Hindi July and real name nya. A friend just invented it for me kasi maraming nakakakilala sa kanya. Kung sa Accounting and Partneship pa..isa syang Corporation...ahehehe in short madaming nag mamay-ari. Recently, nagkatxt kami..uhm..curious kayo na...wala, he was just inviting me to do business with him. Syempre, I refused. hahaha. siguro iniisip nyo ang tanga ko kasi it could be a start na of a beautiful love story noh...EEEEEeeeeeeee! Mali! As far as I know, he is soon getting married na din..Well, no hard feelings on my part..sabi nga..I remember the boy, but I don't remember the feeling anymore. Ahhehee...


(I wrote this short story when I was in college. Those which are highlighted were facts)

My Familliar Stranger

Everything had changed. Could I ever move on?
Spending the first day of vacation. I found myself heading my way through the City of ******. Going to this place, I can't help but stop the car as I passed through the road of my Alma Mater. As if something keeps dragging my feet inside that institution. Unbelievable, I should be mending a wrecked heart yet, here I am musing over the bitterest thoughts I had of you. I got off the car and dash my way to the entrance. A proverbial sensation engulfs me. Years had gone by but memories remained fresh on my mind. I could even still hear him strumming the guitar while humming his much loved tune of the song 'This I promise you.' A song he never sung for me...

Love of a LIfetime, that was how I unquestionably describe it. Nine years ago, I was just a freshman-marketing student in this school when I met a guy who was two years ahead of me. A guy I didn't even know personally but have captured me from crown to toe, heart and soul. At first, I thought what I had felt for him then was just a momentary admiration...a mere infatuation that fades in time but soon, I had realized that I love him more deeply than I know.

Loving him had made me a totally different person. Do things I never do to any man in my life and though against my principles, every week with the help of a trusted friend I was able to bridge the wall between us. I sent him bundles of cards and messages. He didn't even know where it came from and by this situation he didn't even find it out. For over a year, I sneak behind that facade, even until his last few days of stay in this school. Little did he know, on his graduation day I was just standing beside the corner...teary-eyed. A week after, I learned he had left for ***** to take his CPA review. I had no idea when he will be coming back or is he really coming back? BUt then, with my fingers crossed, I told myself, "Someday we'll be seeing each other again."

Definitely, my last two years in this university became the most boring moment I've ever experienced, yet, focusing myself with my studies was a relief. With these, I had easily fended off thoughts about those mesmerizing pair of eyes until finally, it was my time to go. As soon as I finished, I flew back to ****, the place where I spent my first sixteen years of existence. There I had the better opportunity to work in a prestigious advertising company. With money and fame I am at the zenith of my success. Yes I should be utterly contented, happy and satisfied but what's the essence of that without hm, I asked.

Day came when loneliness succumb me. I missed the good old days with my friends and most of all, seeing him standing beside his civic car way back in college. God knows I never stop searching for him even if I had to fail a million times. Has love always been a fairytale? I waited and I'll always keep on waiting for that perfect moment when love ill come knocking on my door.

Soon, I left for a long week business conference in Baguio. Who would have guess I'll be seeing him there? For exactly nine years I've nursed him in my heart and was allowed to occupy a great portion of it. A companion came and introduced us to each other, making me found out that he himself was already a booming business tycoon. Fetching as ever, he did not seem to recognize that somewhere in college we had been classmates in one of our Marketing class. Distressed, I tried to act as if everything was fine. Anyway, though it's hard on my part, we started to be at ease with each other's presence. In fact, he had shown great joy upon discovering that we used to be schoolmates before.

They say that every beginning has its own end. Tomorrow, I'll be back at my office and face the voluminous pile of paper works over my table. That night we went out for a long walk down the shore. Sitting on the velvet sand, comforted by the galaxy of stars. I sensed the gentle blow of the evening breeze touching my back. "COld?" He asked. I shook my head, still, he held me close and sheltered beneath the warmth of his embrace. Inside I heard my heart saying, "I love him more than ever..." Nestled in his arm...that is how I wanted to see myself forever. Then, we parted ways. No words, no goodbyes.

Love isn't worthy if you don't give it a chance.

The following morning I was walking down the street where his suite was located only to hear the hotel receptionist say, "Sorry ma'am but he had just checked out." I felt the world on my shoulder. My knees were trembling that I had to hold bars for a support. Sure enough, I can never be happy in this life.

Five years had passed after that incident. I am still the same girl who valued him the best way I can. Weeping terribly, I run and speed up the car.

Yesterday just before I asked for this vacation, I realized my heart still beats for him. I flew to his place with a plan to create a romantic ending of my own love story but I was dumbfounded to find out I was twenty-four hours late. My tears fell uncontrollably from my eyes knowing that he is married to someone already♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi rhoda parang pang pelikula story mo...hehehe...sayang naman at hindi kayo nagkaroon ng chance na magkasama ng matagal...:D