Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beauty

Yesterday was an awful day. It was another asshole day for me and for the first time, I regretted how many hours of my life for being with someone else's company. My friend was a major turn-off. For one, I had seen him talked to the almost aged cab driver in his most annoying way and I hate it...so much it immediately broke my heart. I managed to glance back to the driver's side as he (my friend) irritatingly talked. I felt sorry. Once again, my instinct worked on him and I dislike the impression it initially created.

This morning I woke up quite fine. Until I sit on the couch and with the cloud's view, I remember how terrible yesterday was. It's there, as if hanging on each thread of summer sky. In a moment, I directly snap out of it. It's not worth it. My friend did not surely deserve the effort I gave to meet him. Believe me, between him and my squared fingernails, I would gladly choose the latter. As I go on contemplating about what had happened, I realize I could write something beautiful out of it. Lemme start with my fingernails:)

1. JHONA, The Manicurist- (I hope I remember her name right) I was inside this particular parlor having my regular manicure, pedicure, and hair trim session when an old man came in sour-graping. He said he just came in from another salon to have his pedicure and paid how many bucks but the person previously in-charged was unable to do it right. He left that said salon. He was not satisfied and came in here to have it done again (oo, ipapaulit n'ya). One of the assistants immediately came over to look at the man's toenails. From the look in her face, I can understand that his was a typical old man's toenails..hard, thick yellowish nails ( almost dead na nga). I saw Jhona, my attendant, shook her head. That was because she knew she has to deal with the old man and with the kind of toenails he has, it would be a battle:)). While waiting, the old man told story. We learned that he was sleeping around Pateros Municipal Hall. His children we're all married and he, sadly, was left alone..(haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy), homeless, jobless. Moving forward, Jhona beautifully finished my manicure and pedicure service. Reluctantly, he called in the old man, "Tay, magpapalinis po kayo? Dito po tayo..." (pointing to the seat). The old man followed together with his plastic bag and sit. He showed Jhona his toenails and how he wanted it to be done. Jhona replied, "Baka po masaktan kayo pag tinanggal natin yan.." The old man said no. "Yaan n'yo tay aayusin natin yan." I sensed comfort in Jhona's soft melodic voice. I was staring at her. Jhona was God's gift to the old man.
2. The Hair Stylist's Daughter- A frowning hair stylist was trimming down my hair when her child barely around 3-4 yrs old came over and softly, she asked... "mama bibili ko ng yakult, pwede?" The hair stylist gave some coins and the cute child run away to buy. When she returned, she gave some change to her mom and sweetly she said, "mama o sukli...mama inom ka..." I can't forget the sunshine in her smile and her sweet li'l voice. The kid was so smart; I could almost feel the warmth in her. Suddenly, I realized...she was there to give smile to her frowning mom.
3. The Taxi Driver- It was around 6:30pm of that same day when I left the house to meet my asshole friend. He was already in the meeting place bombarding me with text messages while I was stuck in a short traffic along Forbes. It was then that the taxi driver discovered he forgot to have his meter on. Worried, he turned to me and asked, "Lagi po ba kayo nagtataxi?" . I nod my head. It was a silent message saying I just go ahead and pay the normal rate that I always pay. I know. In a similar case, some would instantly grab the chance to name their fooling price (naka-experience na ko nito) but this driver had done otherwise. In return, I handed him the normal rate that I usually pay and some deserved extra charge for an honesty that I recognized in his eyes. I called it pay in good faith. :))

1 comment:

Gel-Nails said...

Good information.

I came across many queries in several forums where people have been asking for advice on the best glue that can be used on nails and that is not only strong but also safe on nails. This was the same question I had sometime back when I used to apply nail gel myself. Initially the glue I got would never hold on the way it used to when done in the salon. I then came across the nail glue being sold on gel-nails which lasts very long and is pretty easy to apply. It provides a strong bonding for my nails and also does a great job in repairing the nail tips.

Most important of all is that this is strong glue I was actually looking out for and this is used by nail salons and nail artists for professional applications. It is available at a cheap price at gel-nails and I remember seeing it at a discount of 74% which is great. Maybe this can help if you also face problems relating to poor glue quality as I did earlier.